POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Outrun! Or the little hovercraft that could (not?) [~24KB Jpeg] : Re: Outrun! Or the little hovercraft that could (not?) [~24KB Jpeg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outrun! Or the little hovercraft that could (not?) [~24KB Jpeg]
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 May 2000 17:53:52
Message: <chrishuff_99-EEE67D.16571712052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391c777f@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> I knew I should have paid more attention to it the first time I heard
> of it. Thing is that I was seeing it as a new pigment pattern
> specifically for blobs and not for anything else like media.
> Thanks so much for clarifying that.  I read about it in the
> documentation and overlooked the media I guess, thinking it was all
> about pigment or texture being applied to follow blobs better.

Actually, I doubt it would be very useful for blobs...at least, not when
using the same blob components as the blob object. The current texture
blending works just as well, and you would have to go to special effort
to make sure the pattern lined up properly.

I posted a couple media "fire worm" images here when I was developing
it, you might look at those. Another thing it is useful for is as an
isosurface pigment function, which is especially interesting when used
with turbulence.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/